Previously well loved ’96 Landcruiser, Petrol – and Howling Moon roof top tent… that’s pretty much what we knew about this car!! We have learnt a lot since, preparing it for the “big adventure”!!
Meet ‘The Monster Truck’!! It came with dual battery, 2” lift kit (higher than your usual 4WD), 35″ mud tyres (huge tyres) and upon buying it, a visit to mechanic for a sanity check and some change to all fluids.
Improvements in preparation to trip (some tec stuff):
- Long ranger 166 lts, long range tank
- Safari Snorkel
- Diff breathers
- Light force spotlights
- IronMan Winch
- High lift Jack
- Recovery Kit – drag chain, snap strap, tree trunk protector
- Treds recovery tracks
- Tyre repair kit
- Tyre inflators/ deflators
- Iridium Satelitte phone and pre-paid credit
- Spot Gen3 – epirb (Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon)
- Uniden 8080s UHG radio
- Access 4G and UHF antenna
- GME TX 675 Handheld UHF radio
- Artisan drawers, built by Anthony
- Engel 60 lts Fridge/Freezer
- New ladder and brackets for roof top tent – original was broken
- Newest addition – a must have!! Ridge Rider Solar pannel 150watts
Additionally we will need to carry not only our kitchen and every day stuff (clothes), but also, our dive gear – we opted taking only our recreational dive gear – unfortunately tanks didn’t fit :-(.